Saturday, August 6, 2011

Remembering. . . I don't blame you though

So, you know when someone says something big, and youre like, "wow that really sucks, I wonder how they must have felt" and then you realize you know exactly how it felt, evey line of evey moment written down in a place in your mind you closed long ago. You instantly remember dozens of memories you had repressed and now you're finally old enough to understand all of it and the pain, the blame, the idiocy, and the craze of those moments. You remember calling 911, running in fear, then years later, having to carry a crying infant and going through all of it again. Yes, I'd forgotten what this fear was like. I don't have fear anymore, but I did, I had it so much, it was my entire life, all I knew was fear, slowly, my trust and sense of security would be rebuilt only to be shattered as soon as it could susain itself. Fear was the skin I shed to become the man I am now. And I had forgotten, I hid the skin in a vault I just accidentally unlocked. And I don't blame you, even if you were a trigger.

9 comments:

  1. It's feeling
    empathy.

    Did
    you feel
    any empathy
    reading my
    posts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that
    a...bad thing?

    To just
    go back
    in time
    and feel
    bad things...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes, I'm better now, I just remembered a whole part of my life I guess I repressed. . . It wasn't fun. But I don't blame you and I'm fine now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I mean.

    The part
    of your life
    you repressed
    doesn't sound
    so
    great.

    Your mother
    right?

    That's
    pretty
    heavy.

    I'm glad
    you're
    fine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, I remember the pain my mother caused I initially. Like I said, fear was the skin I shed. And this memory, was fear, to the core, it made me k ow what fear truly was. And when I remembered what happened, I remembered the fear, the vulnerability, and I hadn't felt that for so long. That's why it hurt so much, because I didn't feel like I had grown from that 10 year old, or 12 year old child goig through these things. And I hadn't remembered the fear I felt then, until I did, again, just recently

    ReplyDelete
  6. But, like I said, I'm better now, I'm taming the monsters, because they have no control over me, and they need me. And I'll help them become better than monsters, maybe even human

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds
    like such a
    nice feeling.

    Where you
    can tame
    your own
    monsters
    or any monsters.

    And also
    where
    something you
    repressed
    comes back
    only for you
    to be
    able to
    look it
    in the
    eye.

    Powerful
    words
    honey-honey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These monsters are real though, they exist, but they're getting better as I'm growing stronger

    ReplyDelete