Monday, August 8, 2011

Come up with your own title for this post

Well, I helped a friend today, kinda. She said she felt like she was being pulled into too many directions.  I told her it wasn't her fault, I didn't blame her, and a lot of other things.  She was so excited, said that's all she wanted to hear, but no one would say it.  She asked how I knew that.  Hmmmm, how do I know that?  Well according to the ones constantly pulling me in opposite directions, I don't.  According to them, I have no idea what it's like, trying to make any decision in my life at all with both parties saying, "we're right, they're wrong, here is everything wrong with the other party and what we see wrong about them in you".  According to them, I'm a failure because I listened to the other party, because I didn't live my life exactly the way they said I should, completely opposite of the other.  So which party should I choose, there's: 

1. Single mother, extremely poor, going through boyfriend after boyfriend, never home at night because she's at a club, but she loves you and you love her.  You trust her, you don't doubt her and believe every lie she whispers in your ear.

2. Overworking father and overbearing stepmother, 4 sisters, all rude and selfish, obviously loves sisters more because they don't have your mothers filth.  Lower middle class, barely doing 'good' financially.

So which side do you choose to listen to when It comes to life decisions, then, how about we up the ante, father then openly admits to not loving you as much because you fail too much.  And says stepmother never was able to love you because you could never put her first as a parent in your life.  And then you remember all that mother has done, abandoned you for 2 years when she made you rely on her for everything, gets alcoholic gun-nut boyfriend, constantly violently fights with him, and blames you for everything wrong in your life.  Which seems better now?  If you want to tell them they can all go fuck themselves, you've picked the right answer.  I didnt, I wanted to be cared about, and they only cared about me when I made their version of the 'right' decision.  So for 16 years I did a balancing act for them to all laugh at and throw rotten tomatoes at. Now, why would anything at all be wrong with me?  Why should I at all feel angry, ignored, sad, or afraid?  These are the questions of the monsters in my life.  They are sad, sick beings who have to throw their failures onto me, they have other children, but I'm already ruined so why not take out their pain onto me, it'll shelter and protect their 'pure' children.  And that's my life.  That's why I told her i don't blame her for choosing a side and not staying in the middle.  Because I knew she wanted to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment