Saturday, July 30, 2011

Target: Social Status

So, I went to Target recently, hence the above pun, and as I was going to the cashier, I noticed a group of teenagers sitting int the food courtish area. . . You know the ones, the skaters who are all somewhat good looking with that demeanor like, we're cooler than you so just deal with it. Anyways, I immediately thought to cower from this embarrassment, as wearing a polo to a store, even if it's on your way back from work, is ridiculously 'uncool' and brands you as a nerd/lameo. As I was about to leave, I stopped in front of the food court and raised my left leg quite high whilst spinning around, pivoting on my right foot. I looked at the menu for a second to look as if I was contemplating my choice, then I did the same leg spin thingy without looking back, as if to say, "nothing on this menu is good enough to be eaten by me." I walked straight to my dads truck, that I was driving (which is surprisingly impressive in Alaska because even though they can get a learners permit at 14, nobody really gets their liscence until they're 20 or so). I drove off looking as important as I could. Then I almost hit someone's car, I got lost in the confusing parking lot, and ended up finally leavin the establishment's property 20 minutes later, feeling a lot less cool. Im pretty sure it was just social karma, that always seems to get me. It's like the universe is saying, "if you're cool, then you're cool and no one can Everett suspect otherwise, if you're not, then don't because you will almost hit a little old lady with your big white truck, borrowed from your dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment