Saturday, July 30, 2011

Music

I freaking love music. It is amazing. I have a somewhat musical background, if u could call it that, but my favorite music is Really weird and diverse. I don't really like specific artists, or genres, I mainly have a weird mixture of songs. So my favorite music right now, in no order after 1-5.

1. Monster by Paramore
I really like and dislike a lot of Paramores music, Hayley Williams has such a great voice and the way she sings this song is awesome. This is one of the very few songs I like because of the lyrics. I usually just like to liste to music as music, but these. Lyrics really connected with me.

2. White Lies and White Lines by Polaroid Kiss
I wouldn't look up this song if you're opposed to hearing the 'f' word. It sucks because I first heard this in 2009 when the guys who sings for this band asked my mom, a radio dj at the time, if she would play it on her show. She did, they only have 4 songs and they just barely released their first official albums. But what sucks is that they changed all of them. This was my favorite song of theirs and they threw in a guitar and drums and totally changed the last verse so now it swears :(. So I liked it before it was bad. But I still love it.

3. In Your Apartment by Charlotte Sometimes
So yes, I do realize what she's singing about, but again, I listen to the music, not the lyrics. I used to be able to just listen to it all without picking uP any of the lyrics, but now I've been attuned to listening to lyrics and it has only made my music listening a worse enjoyable thing. Sorry for the bad grammar.

4. Hell by Tegan and Sara
This song is awesome. I love the feel of it. It reminds me of long bike rides through the various Utah county towns. It really has a roaybkijd of style. I don't think that made much sense but again, I like the music, which is really hard to explain what I like abbot it.

5. Chop Suey by System of a Down
This is a reapply weird song, it's extremely bipolar and really makes you feel the hate and the sorrow in both sides of the song. It is also kind of nostalgic for when I lived in Arizona. The good ol days when I was miserably happy. I was really just bored, but I was fine. I kind of wish I could just go back to then, the last time I was truly whole. Because it was right after this that I was broken.

There's a lot more, I guess I'm in a rock mood right now Whig is why most of the top 5 is rock, bu I like lots of ther genres. I love the songs Rhinestone Eyes, Glitter Freeze, Stylo, and Superfast Jelly fish all by the Gorillaz. I also love Naive, Do You Wanna, Mr. Maker, Ooh La, and Seaside by the Kooks. Seaside is definitely one of their best songs. I'm not sure where they were when they wrote it, but it sounds like a place I want to go. I love the Black Eyed Peas, my mom and her best friend, kanani used to hang out with them when they would do shows in Pheonix before they signed on with EZ Eeze and got Fergie and famous. Band wise, I like Evanescance, I hope that's how it's spelled, they have a really dark sorrowful and unique feel to them, it's great to listen to in the rain. Scissors for Lefty is pretty good if you like the hipster British band thing.

4 comments:

  1. I like
    Charlotte Sometimes-- How I Could Just Kill A Man.

    I like
    a lot of
    ambience/post-rock/electronic
    and so on.

    Four tet
    Lykke Li
    Explosions In The Sky
    Slow Dancing Society.

    Anything
    soothing
    or erratic
    you know?

    It's all
    gotta go with
    my
    mood
    or my transitions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah.

    Chevelle
    SOAD
    Acidtone, lol.

    That shit
    is
    all
    sickish screams.

    Mm.

    Jimi Hendrix.
    Donovan.
    Janis Joplin.

    ...shit, I'm prattling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really like any ofthat old stuff, weird, but yeah I like Charlotte sometimes, she has 4 of her songs on iTunes from when she was in her previous band, j Poland and the pilots, you can hear her songs on the piano before they were computer enhanced, it's kind of cool. But yeah, music for me is all emotional, so I go with whatever mood I'm in

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think
    I'm
    really
    weird
    for liking
    all that
    old stuff
    though.

    It all
    came out
    before
    I was born.

    ReplyDelete