Thursday, July 28, 2011

Innocence

Here's my story:
So I went to the temple with my ward last night, and while we were waiting in the foyer there was a little girl, about 4 or so, with her mom, they were going to be sealed. It wasn't really that big of a deal, but the little girls mom got the pair of white sock and told her she needed to put them on, she just replied, "are they comfy?". It wasn't that big of a deal, but it was such a funny thing that as they were about to get sealed for time and all eternity, the little girl was concerned if the socks were going to be comfortable or not. I thought about it and saw how innocent she was, she didnt know the full darkness of the world, so she wasn't able to understand what a blessing it is to k ow that her and her mother will be together forever, regardless of how long they may live. I'm not afraid of death, or anything anymore. If I die, I know what I will do, I won't have to worry about life getting in the way, I don't know anyone who's died, fortunate there, except my uncle, but I didn't know him well. But death isn't really such a bad thing for those willing to serve. I'm not going to die for a LONG time, but I know my family will. And right now, I'm not sealed to any of them, to anybody, if my entire family were to die, I would have no connection to them after this life, but I'm not alone, my mother, my grandmother, my brothers, none of them are sealed to anybody. It makes me sad to see them this way. I know I will have a chance to be sealed to my family, I don't know about them though, hopefully. It's funny how fulfilling a patriarchal blessing is. When people ask me what it is, the only way I can describe it is as a special, unique blessing that tells you what guidance you need to hear. Not just for the moment but throughout your life, I am so grateful for mine and the assurance I have because of it, I would urge anybody reading this to get one, if you're not ready then make yourself ready, I can't imagine the cowardice and fear that would be my entire life if I didn't have it.

P.S. I wanted a better ending to this post because I really like it, but I couldn't come up with one, so just pretend it had a really fulfilling and satisfying conclusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment