Thursday, November 24, 2011

Fall

I would sing the world to sleep.
In their dreams they would not weep.
Rain eternal on sea shores,
for those crawling on all fours.

Listen night and listen sky,
do not ask me why I cry.
For in running I can't see,
all the monsters chasing me.

Does this make sense to no one?
Or in circles do I run?
With this shadowed, hidden veil,
being rent with sudden wail.

As these demons finally see,
What they have done to me,
Oh how little are my eyes,
Eclipsed by their dark lies.

In this night, tears I don't shed
fill the room with senseless dread.
Am I destined to be found?
Will I ever turn around?

Will these demons finally see,
The rivets left in me?
Will they walk onto the shore?
Or will their wings unbeat no more?

Will they ever run in dread,
from the Angels they have fed?
Will their nightmares ever End,
When they come to me again?

Do I have to cause them pain?
Can they see me yet again?
Will I ever wish them ill?
Will I see they've had their fill?

In the calling, starving rain,
Monsters begging me again.
Beating on their empty chests,
freedom is in sight at last!

Onward into hell's embrace!
For the devil we shall face!
As the world is crashing down,
the lost shall finally be found!

The captors and the prey,
In the darkness shall ever lay.
As the kingdoms are fulfilled,
and the journey is last sealed.

This is, here, our salty shore,
we shan't walk forever more,
In the dead of night we came,
Here to take and eat the blame.

No comments:

Post a Comment